Re: Erasure code properties in OSDMap

>From a high level view, what is the logical difference between the
crush ruleset and the properties object?  I'm thinking about how this
is exposed to users and tools, and it seems like both would be defined
as "the settings about data placement and encoding".  I certainly
understand the separation internally, I am just concerned about making
the interface we expose upwards more complicated by adding a new type
of object.

Is there really a need for a new type of properties object, instead of
storing these properties under the existing ruleset ID?

John