Re: location-aware file placement in Ceph

May be able to meet your needs through rbd.

You can create multiple rules,and then specify a different pool to use a different ruleset.
Then create multiple block images, and Specify image to different pools.
create file system on the block device and mount file system on different positions,so that the different location of the file can use different ruleset

-------
xianxia xiao

于 2014/2/27 21:25, Zhongliang Zhao 写道:
Dear all,

As new to ceph, may I ask in the crush algorithm, is there a way to configure where the file to be stored, not randomly. My requirement is to place the files that within the same location(within a geographic area), into the same OSD, instead of randomly placing them seperately.

I guess crush may support this. But to do this, I just have to configure some parameters in some ceph commands? or I have to modify the ceph crush algorithm and re-compile ceph?

Many thanks for any helpful pointers.

Cheers, Giovanni