Re: Master needs newer version of boost on centos?

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014, Matt W. Benjamin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the offset,length change is probably not correct, since we need
> to span the range actually being written.
>
> Also we think that overlapping intervals are possible.

Yeah, it looks like it.

Pushed wip-barrier, which fixes the interval and another small item that I
noticed, but then just disables barriers to fix the build.

Note that I see two places wehre intersect() is used.  One is in
commit_barrier, but this is comparing two static intervals, so the full
class isn't really necessary.  (The internal one could be used, but this
is a degenerate case so it is probably just easier to open-code the range
checks.)

The other case is write_barrier(), where we are using span, which
likely does include overlapping intervals (assuming that overlapping
writes are possible, which I assume they are).  This is non-trivial to
change.

BTW looking at that function, it looks like the cond blocking behavior is
broken.  done is set to true after the cond variable wakes up, but that
change isn't guarded by the condition check (a signal can cause a
wakeup).  Probably the done variable and check shoudl be there at all so
that the condition is verified before the function completes.

Anyway, unless you have a quick fix in mind, let's merge this now and
hopefully get this fixed up in the next couple of weeks before release?

	https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/1254

Thanks!
sage