Re: ceph-brag ready

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, Sebastien Han wrote:
> First implementation of the ceph-brag is ready.
> We have a public repo available here, so can try it out.
>
> https://github.com/enovance/ceph-brag

This is great!  Would love to get this into firefly.

I have several suggestions on how we can make the generated output a bit
more general and useful, but that's a whole can of worms we can open
later.

> However I don’t have any idea on how to submit this to github.com/ceph.
> Can someone help me on that?

>From a packaging perspective the simplest thing is to merge it into
ceph.git.  That can be done just by rearranging your file structure to
align with ceph.git's (put this in src/ceph-brag or ceph-brag) and then
add the git tree as a remote and merge to master.

Then we can slot this into the existing packaging files (debian/* and
ceph.spec.in) so that a ceph-brag package is generated, or just include
this in ceph-common.  I would lean toward the latter just because the
client is small.  I guess a server package would be appropriate, though?
Or use PyPi?  I'll shut up now before Alfredo or Zack start shaking their
heads.

sage