down but not (auto) out?

I noticed when pulling data from the api via osd/dump that there is no interval state for an OSD that was brought down but is not yet set to autoout. The info for state will just be "exists", and stay that way until the OSD is out, which it then becomes "exists","autoout".

Does it make sense to have an interim state? Is there one that isn't reported to the API? I looked at the strings file. What state is "???"?

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/common/ceph_strings.cc#L108

Donald Talton
Cloud Systems Development
Cisco Systems