Re: Flapping osd / continuously reported as failed

Gregory Farnum <greg@...> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Mostowiec Dominik
> <Dominik.Mostowiec@...> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >> Yes, it definitely can as scrubbing takes locks on the PG, which will
prevent reads or writes while the
> message is being processed (which will involve the rgw index being
scanned).
> > It is possible to tune scrubbing config for eliminate slow requests and
marking osd down when large rgw
> bucket index is scrubbing?
>
> Unfortunately not, or we would have mentioned it before. :/ There are
> some proposals for sharding bucket indexes that would ameliorate this
> problem, and on Cuttlefish or Dumpling the OSD won't get marked down,
> but it will still block incoming requests on that object (ie, requests
> to access the bucket) while the scrubbing is in place.
> That said, that improvement might be sufficient since you haven't
> actually shown us how long the object scrub takes.
> -Greg
> Software Engineer #42  <at>  http://inktank.com | http://ceph.com

Hello Guys,

I just wanted to share that we've had a similar problem and we had solved it
by borrowing sensible kernel option defaults from a radosgw patch iirc.
net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 1024 65535
net.core.netdev_max_backlog = 30000
net.core.somaxconn = 4096
net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog = 252144
net.ipv4.tcp_max_tw_buckets = 360000
net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout = 3
net.ipv4.tcp_max_orphans = 262144
net.ipv4.tcp_synack_retries = 2
net.ipv4.tcp_syn_retries = 2

Regards,
Maciej Bonin
Systems Engineer
m247.com
ISO 27001 Data Protection Classification: A - Public