Re: feedback on supporting libc++

On 12/31/2013 08:59 AM, Noah Watkins wrote:
Thanks for testing that Josh. Before cleaning up this patch set, I
have a few questions.

I'm still not clear on how to handle the "std::tr1::shared_ptr <
ObjListCtx > ctx;" in librados.hpp. If we change this to
ceph::shared_ptr, then we'll also need to some how ship with the
translations here:

   https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/port/libc%2B%2B/src/include/memory.h

I'd suggest treating it like we did buffer.h and associated headers -
make a symlink to it from include/rados/memory.h, and install a copy of
it with the librados headers.

It's also not clear that ceph::shared_ptr should be exposed publically
if there is a thought we might start switching out implementations of
ceph::shared_ptr via memory.h (e.g. by using boost implementation).

We can't change the actual type used by librados, since AIUI that's
part of the ABI, so if we want to use another type internally we can
make include/rados/memory.h a copy of the original instead of a symlink,
and then change the internal include/memory.h however we like.

Josh