Re: RGW CORS fixes for Access-Control-Request-Headers

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 12:17:23AM -0800, Yehuda Sadeh wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was trying to use the RGW CORS support, and found that it flubbed
> > handling of the Access-Control-Request-Headers header badly.
> >
> > It was expecting Access-Control-Allow-Headers in the request where it
> > should have taken the Access-Control-Request-Headers, and it was also
> > validating the content in a case-sensitive manner, when the CORS
> > standard (6.2.6) requires that headers are validated case-insensitive.
> >
> > I have submitted a pull request with the fixes:
> > https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/949
> >
> > I think they should be backported to emperor as well.
> >

> Overall it looks ok, I still want to run the test suite against it.
Nothing in your existing tests [1] covers the CORS at all.

[1] I checked s3-tests, teuthology, ceph-qa-suite

> Can you open corresponding issues in the ceph tracker?
> (tracker.ceph.com).
Your tracker seems to be broken, I put in my OpenID URL, and hit login,
and it just cycles me back to the login page.

Also, could you please document requiring tracker issues if that's
required to get fixes in Ceph? It's not mentioned in your
SubmittingPatches at all.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead