Re: emperor leftovers

I started reading the libcepfs related code. and it is still a hudge task.
Cygwin seems to me to be the more complete set of ported gnu libraries to win32.

MSVC is not the tool I will use for the port ... since your work is slown and hidden most
of the time below a tons of click to do thingies...

Code:block /mingWin or cygwin seems to me the more producing perspective.
first it is closer to tools used by linux developers.

A full porting to Win32 meas you will have to write ceph code in microsoft compilers C++ or .NET ways, then you will have to write a port in the same way for each side libraries that ceph use
and that doesn t exists on MS windows visual studio stuffs...
I m not talking about adapting cout << "you're a coder be happy"; but rather adapting pthread lib which is everywhere in ceph code.
that can be done... but if it is already done why not using it ?

But truelly the biggest problem in ceph world is that we have two concurent ways to access the data on ceph. As far as I understand rbd and cephfs are not compatible you can t see what
the other did.

We have Rbd and ceph-fs/ceph-fuse so who use what? for what purpose? with what results?
From that depends what a client port to windows will be.
Can we port everything ceph is on windows? well ceph is a hudge project. just a quick isolation of files related to libcephfs.cc shows a 400+ files. Now I try to see if all those files are needed and if
that number can be reduced.

Regards

signature

*Alphé Salas*