Building Ceph statically linked

Hi,

While doing some tests I'm trying to build Ceph statically. I have a bunch of machines where I run Ceph on for these test (mostly RGW now) and I'm running into some library issues when switching from branches.

To make my life a bit easier I tried compiling Ceph (especially RGW) statically linked, but somehow I keep ending up with a dynamically linked binary.

What I tried:

$ env CXXFLAGS="-static" ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared
$ make

Usually that should spit out a static binary, but 'radosgw' is still dynamic.

I'm not such a autoconf nor automake guru, so does anybody ever build static binaries with Ceph?

Yes, I'm aware they can become very large, but that's not my concern right now. I just want to upload a binary to a machine, run it and see if it does what I'm hoping it does and not having to worry about all the dependencies being there and being the right version.

--
Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.

Phone: +31 (0)20 700 9902