Re: teuthology consumability

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013, Loic Dachary wrote:

> Hi Sage,
>
> On 07/11/2013 23:21, Sage Weil wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I've had a couple different conversations with week with organizations
> > that want to ramp up their ceph development efforts, as a big piece of
> > that, spin up their own teuthology environments.  There has been a lot
> > going on here, and I haven't been on the weekly calls, but I suspect
> > things that will help them move forward include:
> >
> > - documenting a teuthology install-from-scratch.  this would include
> > setting up the databases, lock server, workers, etc., and will initially
> > be long and ugly but will hopefully shrink over time.
> >
> > - adding support for euca2ools or some other cloud client that does
> > openstack and ec2 for creating/destroying test machines.  hopefully most
> > of the integration points are mapped out from the downburst integration
> > work.
> >

> I'm including Hugh Saunders on this thread : we discussed this topic
> during the OpenStack summit this week in relation to the associated
> ticket:
>
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/6502

Great.  I would love to see someone sign up for this for the firefly cycle
(and write up a quick blueprint).  :)

> > - ongoing work to collapse the locking and queuing and reporting into a
> > unified and/or cohesive service.
>
> It looks like it could be associated with
> http://wiki.ceph.com/01Planning/02Blueprints/Firefly/Ceph-Brag for
> performance related tasks. Does that sound sensible ? I'm midly drunk
> tonight and possibly writing nonsense ;-)

Hmm, I'll go with the latter ;).  I don't think there are tickets open for
this work, but it's been Zack's main focus these past few weeks.  The last
glimpse I got of the web interface (just for viewing results, so far) was
looking pretty slick, too!

sage