Ceph deployment : ceph-deploy, puppet, chef, salt, ansible...

Hi,

It would be great if we could discuss Ceph deployment and share our experience accross configuration tools. The work in progress for the new puppet module ( https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Puppet-openstack/ceph-blueprint ) shows that it's worth discussing to find simple solutions. For instance, with the logic in place to create a new osd ( https://github.com/ceph/ceph/tree/master/src/upstart https://github.com/ceph/ceph/tree/master/udev and https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/ceph-disk ) the configuration tool does not need to be concerned with OSD ids.

A proposal was created for the next Ceph Developer Summit ( will happen late november I think ):

http://wiki.ceph.com/01Planning/02Blueprints/Firefly/Ceph_deployment_%3A_ceph-deploy%2C_puppet%2C_chef%2C_salt%2C_ansible...

Anyone interested can update the "Interested Parties" accordingly. I hope there is enough interest and that it will be scheduled :-)

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing.