Re: Ceph puppet module

We need to have a reasonable license on this preferably Apache 2.0.
the enovance module is AGPL which can't come in contact with nearly
anything with out causing massive license issues. Starting with any of
the enovance code is a Non-starter as it will require the AGPL
License.

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 2:36 AM, Dan van der Ster <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> We would support this. The enovance module is a good starting point if
> you will accept something that doesn't yet use all the udev magic.
> Cheers, Dan
> CERN IT
>
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Loic Dachary <loic@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Ceph,
>>
>> How about creating
>>
>> https://github.com/ceph/puppet-ceph
>>
>> to federate the development efforts for a puppet module exclusively focused on deploying / maintaining a Ceph cluster ? It looks like we are at a point in time where the fragmentation of the work created a desire for a central place. And the https://github.com/ceph/ seems agreeable to everyone involved.
>>
>> The discussion initialy started on Ceph + OpenStack + puppet but it seems sensible to separate the OpenStack specific part and host it on https://github.com/stackforge/
>>
>> The full thread that leads to this proposal is at:
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/a/puppetlabs.com/d/msg/puppet-openstack/ibnrmXBAxVg/Y3Z3e6sZoa4J
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> Loďc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre
>> All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing.
>>
> --

If google has done it, Google did it right!