Re: status of fancy striping for krbd

On Mon, 30 Sep 2013, Dan van der Ster wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just noticed that krbd supports mapping format v2 images in 3.11,
> but it doesn't yet support STRIPINGV2. Is this coming anytime soon?

We don't have immediate plans to add the striping feature.  You may be the
first person to ask for it.  :)

The challenge is that it requires a fair bit of refactoring in the
osd_client layer to do scatter/gather type IO.  The nice thing is that
this will equally benefit CephFS, which supports the same range of
striping configurations.

sage