Rados and user-provided buffers

Dear all,

I've a question regarding buffers in rados (using the C++ API). I'm allocating and using my own buffers, and would like to read and write directly into and from them. I'm using a bufferlist consisting of static_buffers, which are passed to Rados' aio_read and aio_write.

For aio_write, rados works as expected, i.e., the bufferlist is returned as it was before the call. However, when doing aio_read, it seems that the bufferlist is destroyed (not used) in the call, despite all the buffers being static.

Is this expected behaviour? I read a thread "read/write on RADOS using external buffer" from this mailing list from 2010, but wasn't able to figure out whether rados does or doesn't support reading into user-provided static_buffers.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,

Rutger