RE: still crashes with tapdisk rbd

> There isn't a simple magic string I can point to except for struct
> ceph_msg_header, but I doubt that will help, since it is reading the
> headers and message bodies into different buffers.

Ok thanks.

> I forget: are you able
> to reproduce any of this with debugging enabled?  I would suggest adding
> pointers to the debug statements in msg/Pipe.cc to narrow down what is
> using some of this memory.

I'll have a look. gdb is useless as it crashes most of the time and when it doesn't it doesn't give me a stack trace. The only way I can do anything is via another machine running a newer gdb (debian Jessie instead of Wheezy), but even then it still gets confused about threads sometimes.

> You might also want to just look at read_message, connect, and accept in
> Pipe.cc as I think those are the only places where data is read off the
> network into a buffer/struct on the stack.

Thanks for the pointers.

James