Bucket ACL precedence over key ACLs in radosgw

Hi,

There's a limitation for my site's installation of Ceph, particularly the radosgw s3 API, that we've been trying to work around. If a user is granted FULL_CONTROL over a bucket, they still can get 403s when trying to access/modify keys in that bucket. Would it be appropriate to skip ACL checks for the key if the user has full control over the bucket or is there a good reason not to do so?

I wanted to gauge the likelihood of acceptance for such a patch before starting in on it. Any suggestions would be helpful. I was thinking that modifications would mainly be necessary in verify_object_permission() in src/rgw/rgw_common.cc.

Thanks,
Liam Monahan

University of Maryland
Institute for Advanced Computer Studies