Re: Feature request regarding size and min_size on pools

Hi,

> Now to our problem. We want to be sure that a write is replicated before we get a ack.

That should be the case AFAIU.
There was however a bug that was recently fixed that make RBD ack too early.

>  one osd can lead to data loss with min_size set to 1.

It definitely shouldn't. Unless of course the only remaining OSD fails as well.

> The problem now is that if one osd goes down some pg's will end up incomplete, and no io operations will be allowed to the rbd.

Well yeah, that's exactly the semantic of the min_size option ...

Cheers,

    Sylvain