Re: Need some help with the RBD Java bindings

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, seems like a good thing to do. I wasn't sure myself when I was writing
> the bindings on how the packaging should be.

I'm not entirely sure either. With JNI it's pretty simple, but JNA
introduces all sorts of additional classes. Do you know of any large
projects using JNA? It'd be nice to find some references to examine.

> One of the things I haven't tested thoroughly enough is if you as a user of
> the bindings are able to crash the JVM. Since that should never happen.

I think that JNA is safe in that it will prevent itself from being
used incorrectly, but I don't think anything would prevent someone
from say creating a pointer off into space with JNA and then passing
it to a external library that would dereference it.