Re: RGW blueprint for plugin architecture

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 5:57 AM, Roald van Loon <roaldvanloon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For those interested;
> http://wiki.ceph.com/01Planning/02Blueprints/Emperor/rgw:_plugin_architecture
>
> I know a plugin architecture is a sensitive subject for a lot of
> people (it is for me at least), but I think it might be worthwhile
> discussing it.
>
> Please comment/flame away :-)

I'm all for having a modular architecture. In essence this is
something we've been aiming at although the interfaces are not as
clean and shiny as they should be. OTOH, there's the danger overdoing
it and tying our hands behind our backs, so we need to be careful
about what to get into a plugin/module, and what should stay as it is
now (flexible, albeit monolithic).

Yehuda