Re: How to collect coverage with teuthology ?

On Wed, 14 Aug 2013, Loic Dachary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Although
>
> http://gitbuilder.sepia.ceph.com/gitbuilder-ceph-deb-precise-amd64-gcov/log.cgi?log=26707923b23cb55583a7d6b46ef6deb9591fd165
>
> claims to build packages with coverage ( -gcov in the name ), I can't figure out where it is nor how it is supposed to be used.

That gitbuilder runs the gcov build script in autobuild-ceph.git to build
the package.

To use it, you do coverage: true somewhere in the job yaml (i forget
exactly), teuthology will pull the packages from that gitbuilder instead
of the regular one, and... I don't know the rest actually; Josh knows
more.  We haven't done this in a while :(, but need to start doing it
again.  One of the main annoyances is that in order for gcov to write out
its info the process needs to shutdown cleanly, so there are a few changes
in how teuthology invokes the daemons.

sage