review request : ReplicatedPG::AccessMode::wake removal

Hi Sam,

IIRC, a few weeks ago you told me that

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/962b64a83037ff79855c5261325de0cd1541f582/src/osd/ReplicatedPG.cc#L4626

  if (mode.wake) {
    requeue_ops(mode.waiting);
    for (list<Cond*>::iterator p = mode.waiting_cond.begin(); p != mode.waiting_cond.end(); ++p)
      (*p)->Signal();
    mode.wake = false;
  }

was not used and could be discarded. In the context of https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/414 I originally kept calling it wherever put_object_context() was called, just to make sure no opportunity to signal the waiters was missed.

Since that could lead to very subtle bugs if I misunderstood what you meant, I would very much appreciate a review of this specific commit.

https://github.com/dachary/ceph/commit/014997d55aa8d614fe38a1f86faa246d3c13e21b

I've not hit anything suspicious yet while running teuthology. But that's really the only part of this patch series that worries me.

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing.