blueprint: object redirects

I have a draft blueprint up for supporting object redirects, a
basic building block that will be used for tiering in RADOS.  The basic
idea is that an object may have symlink-like semantics indicating that it
is stored in another pool.. maybe something slower, or erasure-encoded, or
whatever.  There will be basic librados functions to get redirect
metadata, safely/atomically demote objects to another pool (turn them into
a redirect), and promote objects back to the main pool.  Flags will let
you control whether promotion happens automatically on write or possibly
read.

http://wiki.ceph.com/01Planning/02Blueprints/Emperor/osd:_object_redirects

I'm not particularly happy with the complexity surrounding the tombstone
state.  Hopefully we can come up with a simple way to make the client-side
safely drive object deletion.

If you're interested in discussing this at CDS, please add your name to
the blueprint so we can include you in the hangout!