Re: Upgrading from 0.61.5 to 0.61.6 ended in disaster

On 07/24/2013 08:37 AM, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG wrote:
Hi,

i uploaded my ceph mon store to cephdrop
/home/cephdrop/ceph-mon-failed-assert-0.61.6/mon.tar.gz.

So hopefully someone can find the culprit soon.

It fails in OSDMonitor.cc here:

    // if we trigger this, then there's something else going with the store
     // state, and we shouldn't want to work around it without knowing what
     // exactly happened.
     assert(latest_full > 0);

Wrong variable being used in a loop as part of a workaround for 5704.

Opened a bug for this on http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/5737

A fix is available on wip-5737 (next) and wip-5737-cuttlefish.

Tested the mon against your store and it worked flawlessly. Also tested it against the same stores used during the original fix and also they worked just fine.

My question now is how the hell those stores worked fine although the original fix was grabbing what should have been a non-existent version, or how did they not trigger that assert. Which is what I'm going to investigate next.

  -Joao

--
Joao Eduardo Luis
Software Engineer | http://inktank.com | http://ceph.com