tcmalloc memory leak on squeeze

Hi Daigo,
In the Ceph project we use tcmalloc by default for its much-improved
(over the standard) handling of memory fragmentation under our
workload.
Unfortunately, one of our users seems to have a discovered a memory
leak when running the standard Debian squeeze packages:
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/5375#note-8
Note that while tcmalloc is reporting it has an 80MB heap from the OS
(of which about half is in use), the OS believes the process has 1GB
allocated. This mismatch is not behavior we've seen before, and when
the user backported the wheezy version of libgoogle-perftools and
rebuilt the problem did not resurface.

Is this an issue you've encountered before? We'd like to identify the
cause for future reference with our users, or in case the issue recurs
in future versions of the library.
-Greg