Re: Using Ceph and CloudStack? Let us know!

Hello Patrick and Ceph users,

On 5/16/13 17:02 PM, Patrick McGarry wrote:
Of course,
we'd love to hear about anything you're working on.  So, if you have
notes to share about Ceph with other cloud flavors, massive storage
clusters, or custom work, we'd treasure them appropriately.

as you already know from an older post on the Ceph blog [1] we have been
evaluating RADOS for use in our public cloud service [2], powered by the
open source cloud software Synnefo [3]. When writing the post, we had
already fully integrated RADOS in Synnefo (VM disks, Images, Files) and
we were in the process of moving everything into production.

Indeed, we are now happy to inform you that the deployment of RADOS
into our production environment has been completed successfully and
since last month [4] our users are storing their files and images on
RADOS and also have the choice of spawning VMs with their disks on
RADOS too; in seconds with thin cloning.

We are currently experimenting with thin disk snapshotting and hope to
have the functionality integrated in one of the next Synnefo versions.
In the same time, we are expanding our production RADOS cluster as
demand rises with a plan to hit 1PB or raw storage.

Keep the good work,
Kind Regards,
Constantinos

[1] http://ceph.com/community/ceph-comes-to-synnefo-and-ganeti/
[2] http://okeanos.grnet.gr
[3] http://synnefo.org
[4] https://okeanos.grnet.gr/blog/2013/04/04/introducing-archipelago/

Feel free to just reply to this email, send a message to
community@xxxxxxxxxxx, message 'scuttlemonkey' on irc.oftc.net, or tie
a note to our ip-over-carrier-pigeon network.  Thanks, and happy
Ceph-ing.

Best Regards,

Patrick McGarry
Director, Community || Inktank