Re: Cuttlefish installation on debian 6.0 squeeze depends on cryptsetup-bin

On 05/08/2013 10:09 AM, Henning Verbeek wrote:
Dear ceph developers,

I just tried to upgrade my ceph installation from bobtail to
cuttlefish on a debian 6.0 squeeze installation. The installation of
package 'ceph' failed due to missing package 'cryptsetup-bin':

   $ sudo apt-get -y install ceph
   Reading package lists... Done
   Building dependency tree
   Reading state information... Done
   or been moved out of Incoming.

    ceph : Depends: cryptsetup-bin but it is not installable
           Recommends: ceph-mds but it is not going to be installed
   E: Broken packages

Package 'cryptsetup-bin' is available only from wheezy onwards:
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=cryptsetup-bin

On squeeze, the package is called 'cryptsetup'.

Can I suggest that the dependency be changed for the squeeze packages?

I think that is reasonable? Just out of curiosity, why Debian Squeeze and not Wheezy? The newer kernels also give you some XFS performance benefits.

Depends: binutils,
         ceph-common,
         cryptsetup-bin | cryptsetup,

That should already fix your problem.