Re: fecpp C++ forward error correction library

On 22 Apr 2013, at 14:19, Loic Dachary wrote:

> Hi Christopher,
>
> Jack Lloyd is the author of fecpp ( http://www.randombit.net/code/fecpp/ ) and he tells me someone sent him a new SIMD approach a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what SIMD means yet, but I'll figure it out ;-). I tend to favor fecpp because it is more self contained and may be easier to embed than https://pypi.python.org/pypi/zfec
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre

Having played with zfec (more the underlying fec.[c,h] file) it's well written and self-contained as I remember it; but you will need to write a bunch of wrapper functions to chunk up data and pad out blocks and of course turn it into a library before you can use the underlying zfec implementation for ceph. If my memory is right, zfec's c code requires a C90 or C99 compiler to build it, I'm not sure if you care about that.

Regards,
Jimmy Tang

--
Senior Software Engineer, Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI)
High Performance & Research Computing, IS Services