Re: Direct IO on CephFS for blocks larger than 8MB

Yeah. In fact I found the bug report via your blog. Thanks for the sharing. :)

发自我的 iPhone

在 2013-3-16,8:05,"Sebastien Han" <sebastien.han@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sebastien.han@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> 写道:

Hi guys,

I imagine we'll see some applications doing large direct IO writes like this in the HPC space.

I already experienced the bug and actually reported it with Josh also one year ago. The problem was found with CephFS used to store KVM VMs disks (running VM). Somehow KVM with the 'no cache' option writes block higher than 8MB.

Cheers.

????
Sébastien Han
Cloud Engineer

"Always give 100%. Unless you're giving blood."

<image.png>

PHONE : +33 (0)1 49 70 99 72 ? MOBILE : +33 (0)6 52 84 44 70
EMAIL : sebastien.han@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sebastien.han@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ? SKYPE : han.sbastien
ADDRESS : 10, rue de la Victoire ? 75009 Paris
WEB : www.enovance.com<http://www.enovance.com> ? TWITTER : @enovance