Re: RGW Blocking on 1-2 PG's - argonaut

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013, S?awomir Skowron wrote:
> Ok, thanks for response. But if i have crush map like this in attachment.
>
> All data should be balanced equal, not including hosts with 0.5 weight.
>
> How make data auto balanced ?? when i know that some pq's have too
> much data ?? I have 4800 pg's on RGW only with 78 OSD, it is quite
> enough.
>
> pool 3 '.rgw.buckets' rep size 3 crush_ruleset 0 object_hash rjenkins
> pg_num 4800 pgp_num 4800 last_change 908 owner 0
>
> When will bee possible to expand number of pg's ??

Soon.  :)

The bigger question for me is why there is one PG that is getting pounded
while the others are not.  Is there a large skew in the workload toward a
small number of very hot objects?  I expect it should be obvious if you go
to the loaded osd and do

 ceph --admin-daemon /var/run/ceph/ceph-osd.NN.asok dump_ops_in_flight

and look at the request queue.

sage