Re: [Ceph - Feature #4230] (New) librados: node.js bindings

On Feb 23, 2013, at 12:49 PM, Alexandre Marangone <alexandre.marangone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Of course, thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Oo, this is nice. A while back I built a cls_v8 object class to play with, but never got around to working on a front-end. The motivation was to be able to write things like this in the client:

App.js
------

function plugin() {

  function helper(args) {
    /* do stuff */
  }

  function handler1(input, output) {
    /* do stuff */
  }

  function handler2(input, output) {
    /* do stuff */
  }

}

/* serialize the plugin as a string */
var myplugin = plugin.toString();

rados.ioctx_create('mypool', ioctx, function (err) {
  if (err)
    throw err;

  command = {
    'script': myplugin,
    'handler': 'handler1',
    'input': 'hello',
  };

  /* run the plugin in OSD using V8 JIT compilation */
  ioctx.exec('myobject1', 'cls_v8', 'eval', command);

});

- Noah