Re: rbd export speed limit

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Stefan Priebe <s.priebe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a speed limit option for rbd export? Right now i'm able to produce
> several SLOW requests from IMPORTANT valid requests while just exporting a
> snapshot which is not really important.
>
> rbd export runs with 2400MB/s and each OSD with 250MB/s so it seems to block
> valid normal read / write operations.
>
> Greets,
> Stefan
> --

Can confirm this in some specific case - when 0.56.2 and 0.56.3
coexist for a long time, nodes with newer running version can produce
such warnings at the beginning of export huge snapshots, not during
entire export. And there are real impact on clients - for example I
can see messages from watchdog in the KVM guests. For now, I will do
an input throttling on export as temporary workaround.