Re: [ceph-users] urgent journal conf on ceph.conf

+1 for Wido

Moreover, if you want to store the journal on a block device, you
should partition your journal disk and assign one partition per OSD
like /dev/sdb1, 2 , 3....

Again, osd journal = /dev/osd$id/journal is wrong, if you use this
directive, this must point to a filesystem because the journal will be
a file.

Anyway, as far I'm concerned I didn't notice that much performance
gain by using the journal on a block device. At the end, just put the
journal on a dedicated formatted partition since the filesystem
overhead is not that big. So just keep the osd journal =
/dev/osd$id/journal but change it for something like osd journal =
/srv/ceph/journals/osd$id/journal.

Cheers.
--
Regards,