Re: rest mgmt api

Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
(Last I looked "?op=create&poolname=foo" was the Old Busted CGI, The New
Shiny Hotness(tm) was supposed to look like "/create/foo" -- and I never
understood how the optional parameters are supposed to work. But that's
beside the point.)

They're different. One is using the path to interpret functionality; one is using query parameters. The former requires custom path parsing/interpreting code for your particular application; the latter is a very well supported/understood way of getting key/value pairs.

Neither is right or wrong, they're just different. People seem to prefer the path method these days because it seems cleaner/nicer; the other thing people do is just POST the parameters instead of GETting, which lets you still use key/value parameters but not have an ugly URL.

--Jeff