Fwd: Fwd: Re: Ceph Development with Eclipse

Forgot to reply all, again, and then vger rejected all the previous attempts at fwd'ing due to some html in the message (tablet's gmail client ftw)

  -Joao

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Joao Luis" <joao.luis@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:joao.luis@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Feb 3, 2013 12:09 AM
Subject: Re: Ceph Development with Eclipse
To: "charles L" <charlesboy009@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:charlesboy009@xxxxxxxxxxx>>

On Feb 2, 2013 5:40 PM, "charles L" <charlesboy009@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:charlesboy009@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

 > Hi
 >
 > I am a beginner at c++ and eclipse. I need some startup help to
develop ceph with eclipse. If you could provide your config file on
eclipse, it will be a great starting point and very appreciated.

Hello Charles,

until last May or so, I used to use eclipse to develop on Ceph (I think
Greg used to as well), but at some point CDT started not playing that
well with boost, which ended up rendering the whole environment pretty
much useless.  No idea if it's still the case though.

In any case, although I used it for development, I didn't really used it
for compiling the project and did that instead manually.  IIRC, the
while setup was pretty straightforward, so you shouldn't have any
problems (aside from the boost/cdt issue above).

   -Joao