Re: Ceph Production Environment Setup?

There is also the hardware recommendation page in the ceph docs (
http://ceph.com/docs/master/install/hardware-recommendations/ )

Basically they recommend something like ~ 1GHz CPU (or 1 core/osd),
500M-1GB RAM pr OSD daemon. Also most run with 1 OSD daemon pr. disk
(so if you put 16x disk pr. node you'll vastly overpower your atom
cpu)

Overall, while the cluster chugs along happily the hw specs are
relatively modest; as soon as it starts to recover you'll see high
cpu/mem usage.

Cheers,
Martin