Question about configuration

Hi,

What will happen when constructing a cluster of 10 host,
but the hosts are gradually removed from the cluster
one by one (in each step waiting Ceph status to become healthy),
and reaches eventually to, say, 3 hosts ?

In other words, is there any problem with having 10 osd configuration
in the ceph.conf, but actually only 3 is up (the 7 are down and out) ?

I assume that if the size of the replication is 3, we can turn off
2 osds at each time, and Ceph can recover itself to the healthy state.
Is it the case ?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Yasu