Re: geo replication

Right now, your only option is synchronous replication, which
happens at the speed of the slowest OSD ... so unless your
WAN links are fast and fat, it comes at non-negligible
performance penalty.

We will soon be sending out a proposal for an asynchronous
replication mechanism with eventual consistency for the
RADOS Gateway ... but that is a somewhat simpler problem
(immutable objects, good change lists, and a WAN friendly
protocol).

Asynchronous RADOS replication is definitely on our list,
but more complex and farther out.