Re: Is Ceph recovery able to handle massive crash

Le 08/01/2013 14:51, Moore, Shawn M a écrit :
If you know the prefix (which is seems you do) and the original size of the rbd you should be able to use my utility.

https://github.com/smmoore/ceph/blob/master/rbd_restore.sh

You will need all the rados files in the current working directory you execute the script from.  We have used it many times so far and works for us.  I have not had any outside feedback on it's usage.  But if you are truly missing any files, it will seek over them and your rbd might be corrupt.  Likewise if a file itself is damaged, it will write what is in that file to the rebuild.

Thank you very much Shawn, that's your script that gave me the idea of rebuiding the RBD from files ;-)

I coded my own script which find the RBD files itself.

Denis