Re: kernel rbd format=2

On 01/03/2013 11:12 AM, Gregory Farnum wrote:
> Alex has been doing a lot of work to support this lately, but I don't
> think he's sketched out the actual implementation timeline yet.
> -Greg
>
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Chris Dunlop <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Format 2 images (and attendant layering support) are not yet
>> supported by the kernel rbd client, according to:
>>
>> http://ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/rbd-snapshot/#layering
>>
>> When might this support be available?

You should have received a response to this earlier; sorry about that.

The basic support for format 2 images is in place, but the layering
functionality still needs some work.  We are targeting the next kernel
merge cycle, meaning it will be supported in Linux 3.9 if all goes
according to plan.

					-Alex