Re: RBD using problem

Hi Chuanyu,

On 12/11/2012 02:00 PM, Chuanyu Tsai wrote:
> Hi cephers,
>
> I know that we can setup cluster addr and public addr to let OSDs
> listen on different subnet for different purpose, however, I don't
> have so much public IPs to give all my OSDs an IP per OSD.

Don't confuse "public" with actually route-able IP's on the internet. In
most cases you'll use 192.168.X.X or 10.X.X.X for your Ceph cluster and
let your clients communicate over that.

The "cluster network" is there to let the OSDs do their
inter-OSD-traffic over a different interface so you can gain more
bandwith in certain cases.

Note that you can also use IPv6 for your Ceph cluster, which I assume is
available in Taiwan.

I've been using Ceph with IPv6 for about 3 years now and works like a charm.

Wido