Re: Debian packaging question

On Dec 10, 2012, at 9:34 PM, Sage Weil wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2012, Gary Lowell wrote:
>> Hi -
>>
>> I'm looking for advice on debian multiple architecture repositories.
>> To date we have been building ceph debian packages on two different
>> machines for the i386 and amd64 platforms, rsyncing the results to a
>> common directory on the build host, then putting the results together
>> using the reprepro command to push out to ceph.com.  As all the packages
>> are architecture=linux-any, the arch is embedded in the file names and
>> we don't have any collisions.
>>
>> The new libcephfs-java, which is architecture=all, ends up being built
>> twice with the same resulting file name, but different checksums
>> depending on where it was built. Not unexpectedly, reprepro complains
>> about this.
>
> Can we just ignore the second attempt that fails?  Or only try to add the
> arch=all .dsc once?

For 0.55 that's pretty much what I did and it still required fixing up the changelog checksums before reprepro would run without error.  I was hoping for a cleaner solution.    Wido's suggestion looks like it will allow me to build just one version libcephfs-java, which will help, and shouldn't require much change to the build scripts.

Cheers,
Gary--