Re: mounting fuse from fstab

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012, Sam Lang wrote:
> On 12/10/2012 10:33 AM, Sage Weil wrote:
> > We put together a simple helper script for mounting ceph-fuse via fstab
> > (below).  Some of man pages indicate that the # syntax is deprecated,
> > however, and it's not clear to me that whatever replaces it (mount.fuse)
> > will let us accomplish the same thing (pass something along the mount,
> > control command line options).  Also, it's unclear *when* it was
> > deprecated; if we want this to work on, say, RHEL, the replacement
> > might not be there.
>
> Would the fuse options fsname and subtype be more portable?

Looking at the subtype stuff a bit more, I finally understand.. if you set
type to fuse.ceph, it will run /sbin/mount.fuse.ceph with the usual
arguments (which include the device name).

...and it appears that that support is present in RHEL6, which is probably
the oldest thing we care about.  I think that's a better route.  Something
like:

 id=user,foo=bar	/foo	fuse.ceph	defaults	0 0

where the key/value pairs are passed by /sbin/mount.fuse.ceph to ceph-fuse
on the command line?

sage