Re: rbd STDIN import does not work / wip-rbd-export-stdout

On 11/28/2012 6:53 AM, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG wrote:
Hi Dan,

thanks for your update / new import-export branch.

The import seems to work now. What i'm wondering is that it is really slow.

I see around 10% CPU Usage on importing host (host where rbd import is started) and just 4MB every 2s raising Data on ceph. This means 40GB took around 5-6 hours.

Night this be due to he size update? 4MB every 2s looks like the stripe size.

I did change the resize to double each time to help with that before
pushing to master, but that still seems awfully slow. You should definitely use the
version in the mainline, though; it's better in several ways.

Are these particularly sparse images? I'm testing a "preserve sparseness" tweak that should help
a lot if so (and save space in the cluster, obviously).