Re: OSD and MON memory usage

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 16:46:00 +0000 Joao Eduardo Luis <joao.luis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/16/2012 05:24 PM, Cláudio Martins wrote:
> >  As for the monitor daemon on this cluster (running on a dedicated
> > machine), it is currently using 3.2GB of memory, and it got to that
> > point again in a matter of minutes after being restarted. Would it be
> > good if we tested with the changes from the wip-mon-leaks-fix branch?
>
> Following up on this, wip-mon-leaks-fix was merged into master a couple
> of days ago. If you have the chance to check if that fixes your memory
> consumption issues on the monitor, it would be much appreciated!

 Hi João,

 I've had a chance to test it and it does indeed seem to make a big
difference on mon memory usage.

 As for the OSD memory usage issue, it's still looking really bad. I'm
preparing to do more testing and send more info about this, but a lot
of unrelated stuff crept up this week and things are going slowly on
this front. I hope to talk more about this before the weekend.

Thanks!

Cláudio