Re: RBD fio Performance concerns

>>I discussed this with somebody frmo inktank. Had to search the
>>mailinglist. It might be OK if you're working with enough replicas and UPS.
>>
>>I see no other option while working with SSDs - the only Option would be
>>to be able to deaktivate the journal at all. But ceph does not support this.

Do you have a big difference with putting 1 journal by osd on each ssd drive ?

another alternative can be (but indeed costly):

- stec zeus ram ssd drive, around 2000$ for 8G (I have benched it around 100000 iops ;)
- ddrdrive (http://www.ddrdrive.com/) (around 200000iops, don't know the price)
- fusionio card (iodrive2, 360GB, around 3000€ , but they are 160GB model, maybe half the price)
- maybe ocz talos, around 600€ for OCZ Talos 2 R 200 Go (don't have benched them, but spec say around 35000iops random)