Re: some snapshot problems

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 09:30:55 -0800 (PST) Sage Weil <sage@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Lots of different snapshots:
>
>  - librados lets you do 'selfmanaged snaps' in its API, which let an
>    application control which snapshots apply to which objects.
>  - you can create a 'pool' snapshot on an entire librados pool.  this
>    cannot be used at the same time as rbd, fs, or the above 'selfmanaged'
>    snaps.

 Could you please clarify this? You mean that if a given pool has a
snapshot created, a subsequent 'rbd snap create' on an image placed in
that very same pool would fail?

 A quick search through the RADOS and RBD documentation didn't turn
anything up about this restriction, but I apologize if I missed it.

 Thanks

Cláudio