Re: can't build the last master git (`configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required)

Just tried a fresh checkout and build and didn't see the issue.   There may have been commits between your issue and my test this morning.

On possible problem might be that your third command reads "module" instead of "submodule".   I assume that's a typo, but if not that would explain configure.ac being missing from leveldb or libs3 subdirectories.

Cheers,
Gary