Re: Large numbers of OSD per node

Mark, Wido,

Thank you very much for your informed responses.

What you have mentioned makes a lot of sense.

If we had a single node completely fail, we would have 72TB of data that needed to be replicated to a new OSD. This would take approximately 10.5 hours to complete over 2x Bonded 10gig connections, and would put the other two nodes under significant load while the data is replicated.

We were looking at using CEPH "Heads" with SAS enclosres as a lower cost solution than buying more nodes. I can however see the IO/resiliency benefits of more nodes.

Regards,

Andrew