Re: Reduce bandwidth for remapping/backfill/recover?

Hi Oliver,

On Sat, 3 Nov 2012, Oliver Francke wrote:
> Hi *
>
> anybody out there, who can help with an idea for reducing bandwidth when incorporating 2 new nodes into a cluster?
> I know of "osd recovery max active = X" ( 5 default), but with 4 OSD's per node, there is enough possibility to saturate our backnet ( 1Gig at the moment).
> Any other way to not disturb users too much?

This is something the current development releases do on their own.  This
week we'll also be merging code that (in general) balances recovery work
with client work, which should improve things significantly.  Stay tuned!

Until then, 'osd recovery max active' is the knob of choice.

sage